How do I raise money?
Try these ideas:
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to donate the equivalent of money that you have saved by giving up junk food for the month
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you – gold coin donation for each day or week that you go without chocolate, soft drink or fast food.
- Create a group with your colleagues and host a junk free morning tea or lunch - gold coin donation at your workplace for every healthy food item or plate.
- Create a group and host a lunchtime walk with your workmates or family - gold coin donation or donate to your page for every kilometer walked
- Host a morning exercise or fitness evening - gold coin donation or donate to your page for every burpee, push up or sit up
- Host a healthy cooking dinner or afternoon junk free BBQ with friends and family - gold coin donation for every healthy food item or plate.
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you – donate to your page when you complete a specific nature walk, mountain hike or bike trek
- Ask your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you – donate to your page every time you check into the gym, pilates/yoga or zumba classes
- Host a workplace, school of market healthy bake sale - selling junk free snacks or even fruit and vegetables
- For those who already live Junk Free lives you could hold a garage sale during June and sell off all of the junk cluttering up your home
- Share your profile or group profile on social media… Get creative!
What should I eat?
Living junk free is all about enjoying nutritious foods and drinking plenty of water. As a general rule of thumb, eat plenty of vegetables, fruit, grain foods, lean meats and poultry, legumes and beans, milk, yoghurt and cheese or non-dairy alternatives.
If you are concerned about your diet or you want professional advice about what to eat we highly recommend you engage a dietitian to assist you. Our blog has a tonne of great healthy recipes that you can use at any time.